Australian After Hours Doctors can partner with Aged Care Facilities to offer an after hours services to patients.
We do not see patients on a routine basis. Our service only provides medical attention for patients in the defined after hour’s period as below. If a patient is seen by one of our Deputising Doctors a Consultation Clinical Report will be sent to their usual GP by the next day.
Aged Care Facilities are telephoned by our Deputising Doctor’s companion driver prior to attendance and reassured that they will be consulted in a medically appropriate timeframe. Patients may be provided with valuable self care management advice prior to the doctor’s actual arrival and are appropriately referred to emergency services if required.
- When a call is not answered by the patient the treating doctor WILL NOT ATTEND THE CALL.
- Patients must answer the telephone prior to the doctor attending.
- Occasionally there may be a need for the doctor to talk with you or your carer our reception staff will organise this for you.
- If any tests are ordered by our Deputising Doctor the result will be sent to the patients regular GP to enable the patient to obtain the results. Arrangements will be made for patients over long week-ends etc and discussed by the visiting doctor.
- After your visit with Australian After Hours Doctor a detailed Consultation Clinical Report will be sent to your regular GP, if you do not have a regular GP our friendly call centre team can give a list of GPs in your area.
Patients are encouraged to call their usual GP for any follow-up or further information they may require in regard to an After Hours visit by Australian After Hours Doctors.
At present we are able to service GP Practices and Aged Care Facilities in Brisbane. Please see our coverage maps to see if your area is covered.
As our service grows with GP Practices, we will regularly add and update this list.